As of today, there is not a Logic App trigger for Azure File Storage, so I went with a schedule based approach. Yes, this example leaves out a lot of fine tuning, but it will get you headed in the right direction.
Create a blank Logic app Trigger: Schedule Action: Azure File Storage – List files Action: SharePoint – Create file
After you add the SharePoint action, the Logic App should automatically add a For Each action and place the SharePoint Create File action inside of it.
In the last screenshot I tested the Logic App by uploaded a couple of documents in Azure Storage Explorer, then I manually ran the Logic App (click the Run button).
Again, this is a simple example. The example does not account for processing the same files over and over, only processing new or old files, or any sort of logging.
If you have ever worked with SharePoint search you likely already know about the SharePoint Search Query tool. If you are new to SharePoint and need a little insight into the SharePoint search experience this tool is a life saver!
In future posts I will outline how to form queries and use the tool but for now I want to simply connect to my SharePoint Online site.
Enter the URL for your SharePoint site, select the Authentication options shown above, then click Sign-In. If a web login form appears be sure to complete it. If you normal Windows login doesn’t work, try using your work email address and password, and if that doesn’t work try your work email address and App Password.
App Passwords are created and managed at this URL: https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx
I was trying to use a SQL Insert Row action to insert a new row in a SQL Server table and received a Bad Gateway error. First, I thought it was a permissions issue, then I thought my Flow stopped working…
Turned out to be an issue with the amount of data being inserted into a field. One SQL column was set to varchar(X) and the Flow was trying to insert more characters than X.
On the surface, this request sounded super simple and straightforward. “we need to copy files from a SharePoint library to Blob storage.” Simple enough? Well, yes, but the SharePoint library has a couple of required fields and a Flow is triggered by an action. –
Consider what I’m outlining below to be version ONE of the process. In the near future I will update this post with a slightly more resilient solution.
My SharePoint library has a required field titled DesinationFolder
Context of what I’m doing in the Flow: Trigger: When files is created in a folder When a file is added to a library the flow is triggered Get file metadata File Identifier: Use File identifier from the step above Get file properties Id: Use the ItemId from the previous step Initialize variable Name: vCheckedOut Type: Boolean Value: Checked out (field from Get properties) Initialize variable Name: vFolderPath Type: String Value: Condition vCheckedOut is equal to true Yes: Do until vCheckout is equal to False GetFileProperties Set variable Name: vCheckedOut Value: Checked out (value from the Get file properties above) No: Set variable Name: vFolderPath Value: FolderPath (SharePoint field)
Using the Get-PnpSearchCrawlLog commandlet I wanted to filter the returned resultset to a specific list. Before you begin, you’ll want to make sure you have access to the Crawl Log: https://yourSite-admin.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/searchadmin/crawllogreadpermission.aspx
Error I was receiving: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: ‘System.Runtime.Remoting.ObjectHandle System.Activator.CreateInstance(System.String, System.String)’.
I tried uninstalling VScode, removed all traces of SharePoint from my laptop, and cleared the GAC. Nothing worked.
Here is what did work: In VScode:
Open the Command Palette on Windows or Linux with Ctrl+Shift+P. On macOS, use Cmd+Shift+P.
Search for Session.
Click on PowerShell: Show Session Menu.
Choose one of the ___ (x86) options
Not sure how, but I was using an x64 session and SharePoint PNP clearly didn’t like that.
Edit: Updated VScode to the latest version and it managed to reset my session settings. When this happened, it caused my CSOM scripts to report a The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request error. The fix above will resolve the error.